I changed my blog photo today. I was driving along, down highway 101, listening to Kelsey say some of the funniest things, about her family and trying to figure out the two Lucy's and two Kaylee's in her life and about the difference between grandma and grammy and what in the world am I? (me, she cannot seem to place that I am Kaylee's mommy and a grandma to boot) when a thought entered my mind...I wish I could scrap that photo that was taken of the 6 of us that is on our wall. So, I got home, took a photo of it and then put it on my computer. Yes, Ryan is picking at his nose, no he didn't eat it. :o)
The date was Oct. 13, 1991. We were up at Gary and Elsies for my birthday I think. The weather, as you can tell, was warm. Aaron is only 10 months old, Ryan isn't quite 3, Kaylee is barely 5 and Matt is almost 7. This is one of my favorite family photos. I remember we were all sitting around outside, just yakking and enjoying the evening, it was approaching evening, when I had this bright idea to take this pic, I think Aaron had been sitting in the grass playing with daddy's binos (hunting season was upon us) and so we stacked up quickly and grandma took the shot. One of the best ones we ever got when they were this small.
I'm going to scrap this picture now....well, maybe when Kelsey is down for her nap, but today. I'll post it later.
1 comment:
Oh so cute! I remember and love this picture too. This is somewhat how I think of "my" Bales family, the version I've known from childhood...
I have memories of doing cartwheels with little Kaylee in the yard somewhere around this age. I would take her little hands and dance and spin her around in the grass. Ryan and Aaron were just roly-poly little babies. Where does the time go? I love you all...
Post a Comment