I love Fridays. It is my most favorite day of the week. I suppose it is because of the anticipation of having a whole weekend ahead of me, but mostly, because I know I will get to sleep in at least ONE day. I woke up this Friday morning feeling a little punky. Normally I wouldn't even give it a thought, not because I feel punky very often, I don't, but because I just don't really ever stop to acknowledge when I am a little off. But today is a little bit different. Today I am going to be leaving to go to another churches retreat and I want to be well.
Why another churches retreat? A few months ago I was asked to be the speaker! I have been so excited and terrified, but deep in my heart knowing that the Lord has a message for me to share. So, as I woke up at 3:30 am with a mildly sore throat I thought, okay, now this is interesting! And felt some mild panic. Right before the alarm went off, John woke up and we talked. He is so excited for me he wants to go to the retreat! Now that I am up and have had some vitamin C drink- hot of course, and I am not feeling quite as yucky as I was.
Yesterday I heard the Lord whispering to me, "Lucy, do you trust me?" As I was questioning His judgment yet again on choosing me for this assignment. "Yes, Lord, I trust You." You know, He promises never to leave us, never to forsake us, and in my study of the word never, it means NEVER. So, onward I go, trusting Him to heal me, annoint me to preach the gospel and to hear His voice. I have done what I can, I have studied, prayed and listened for His voice, the rest, is up to Him. Thank Goodness!
So off I go, on a new adventure with my Jesus.
1 comment:
My mom told me you were speaking at this retreat and I've been praying for you the last few days. I believe you'll do great and I can't wait to hear how it goes!
Post a Comment