I am a christian. A Bible believing, Jesus loving, Christ following, woman...Saved by Grace, Forgiven by the Blood of our Savior, and walking in His mercy.

Sunday, October 12, 2008

Isn't life just GREAT??

I haven't blogged in awhile. It isn't for lack of trying but with my mind occupied with so many big things I just seem to turn into a big mush brain when it has come to writing anything. I so love to create a story or recreate an event in my life. I have been ill this last week. Funny, it came upon the heels of me declaring (to the world it would seem) that I NEVER get sick! Life has a funny way of keeping one humble doesn't it?



Bryce, Kaylee and little Lucy, 10-12-08

I have so many blessings in my life. I have this beautiful little tiny blessing that I get to see every day, a blessing, I am told by friends of mine who are grandmothers, that is incredibly amazing. This little tiny package has made such a deep mark on all of us already, as babies do, but I am able to sit back and marvel at her growth, at her amazing beauty in ways I wasn't afforded as a mom (or never really knew to do). I have a wonderful husband who, when he looks at me, communicates volumes of love, so much in fact that there are times I am overwhelmed with his amazing capacity to give so much while expecting so little in return. I have a son who has met a beautiful young lady and is becoming such a spectacular miracle that I marvel and marvel, in complete amazement. What a beautiful thing. I have a son who is finally realizing his dream for college and is thriving in his new environment of higher learning. Fun stuff. Kaylee is a wonderful mother and wife and I have the best son in law ever, the only one I will ever have but the BEST one nonetheless. Another miracle, she and her brother are being restored into a brand new relationship from a broken one of eight years running. God is good. I also have various other "children"...it is one of these that I want to say is an extra special blessing to me. I have known her since she was 8 and have always loved her sweet sweet spirit and her very good and giving heart. I knew, when she moved away to college that I would feel the loss, but each and every Sunday that I stand up on the worship team and she is not there, I remember the good times and I miss her. Oh I am so happy for her and so very proud of her, but here is the blessing, she stood beside me on worship team for 5 years, and I got to see her develop into a beautiful woman of God. I love her so. The other blessing, she is my sons girl...now can it get better than that?

Matt (our oldest son) and Lindsay, 10-12-08




Yes, life is so good. I am on the mend, my hubbies sickness was short lived, the sun has been shining a little bit more and I am growing, learning and continuing to have a teachable spirit. I feel the spirit of the Lord welling up in me to go deeper, even deeper and surround myself with His love. I am excited!

My newest Layout and also my favorite one so far.




Oh, and, my scrapbooking skills are developing and I am so enjoying this awesome outlet and journey into my creative mind! YAHOO!

1 comment:

ocean01blues said...

you made me cry again =']
I miss you tons momma Lucy.

only 66 days.... believe me, I'm counting.