I am a christian. A Bible believing, Jesus loving, Christ following, woman...Saved by Grace, Forgiven by the Blood of our Savior, and walking in His mercy.

Wednesday, September 3, 2008

School days....

I blog alot in my head...okay, so technically I am thinking but it seems I spend a lot of time composing things. Just a few minutes ago Aaron came out, ready for his first day of school. I am trying not to make too much of it because I can get pretty melancholy right now, maudlin even, so, for his sake and for mine, I am just being, well, cool. That is if moms can be cool. Right now, at this point in my life, I am not so sure.

Anyway, he is dressed in shorts, high tops and a Tap Out tee shirt (he is a HUGE UFC fan) and a sweatshirt of some kind. Cute to the bone! I actually got my way this year when shopping for clothes and we kept the skulls and ugly pictures down to a very very low minimum. So, I fix his breakfast AND his lunch while he gets his stuff ready, he is done before me so he comes in to hurry me along, holding his lunchbox open for me to throw stuff in. Yes, I had asked him last night if he wanted me to make his lunch today when making his dad and Ryans but he was non communicative last night so I didn't really hear the answer, he says it was an affirmative. Okay so we get his lunch ready and I say "have a good day sweetie" my usual line, and he replies? "the only good day of school is the first day (he should have added last day)" and gets to the entry way, "hey mom," he hollers out, "say goodbye to me on the first day of my last year of school!" oh yikes! I run, grab the camera and get a shot of him before he walks out the door and in to his final year of his high school career.

There is something very satisfying about that. You know. His senior year. He is on the Honor Roll, an Honors Scholar actually. He is smart, funny, and hard as heck to get to talk, but he is also moral and upright and will fight for the underdog. He is tenacious, hard headed, and incredibly competitive. He is also worried about his future, his choices, and wants to leave Waldport so he can come back. He is a fine young man and I cannot believe that in 8 months we will be watching him graduate along with so many of his classmates that I have come to know and enjoy.

Life happens fast. That is no surprise and I don't think it is the first time I have said it in a blog. I feel sometimes like I am spinning on a big ball and wish, just wish, I could get off of it. I was thinking the other day about the things we have going on right now. A son starting his final year of high school, a daughter having her first baby, a son starting college, a young lady moving in with us this weekend, a son who is having a major job change in the military...and those are the things that are actual events, that isn't mentioning the things we have been working through this summer as far as emotional "issues" (btw, can someone come up with a better word than issues? I am rather tired of it). I guess that is the point, it is LIFE after all. Things roll along at an alarming pace sometimes and it is in our best interest to get away from the madness and rest. I have been purposing in my heart to begin fasting and praying on Mondays. Taking time to be with Jesus, in a quiet way, just to settle my heart, to settle my thoughts, and to align myself more fully to His plans for me. I want more of Him in my life. I NEED more of Him in my life right now.

Well friends, I must get busy with the chores of the day. It has been a great summer and even though the actual end of summer is the 22nd of this month, it feels empty around here, which tells me summer is over. Have a blessed day and enjoy the sunshine.

I will add Aarons photo when I get a bit more time.

1 comment:

Bethany said...

I can't believe Aaron's a senior... I remember when that kid was born! I wish him all the best, he is one blessed kid to have you for a momma, I hope he knows that (and I think he does--I think all your kids know that).