It strikes me as so strange sometimes. What you might ask?
When I look at my life at this moment I realize that I have reached a very interesting place. Sometimes our children, our adult children, act like...well...adults. It amazes me. They make awesome decisions, talk to each other with respect and consideration, and put others needs above their own. Then other times they are headstrong, self centered and just plain obnoxious. I love our kids, don't get me wrong, if you have read any of my blogs you already know that, but I can honestly say that I can be driven insane sometimes by the frustration of poorly made decisions. This week and a half has been challenging. I have learned a few lessons along the way this week. One: watch out for extremely high expectations, they will come back to bite you every time. Two: the Lord IS faithful and He IS there, even when it feels like He isn't.
Case in point: One early morning while sleeping in the borrowed 5th wheel we were camping in, I was awakened by a bad dream. As soon as I woke up, my thoughts started to whirl around, circling and circling, the acid roiling around in my stomach. I lay there wishing I could fall back asleep, it was in the very early hours of the morning, too cold to get up and too early to move around. Finally I began to pray, asking the Lord to help me go back to sleep. Nothing happened, I still felt awful. Then I asked him to lull me back to sleep, as I did I began to hear this soft and gentle song being sung in my heart, it started out as a whisper and then became a mellow rocking in my soul, bringing me comfort and reassurance. He sang: "I'll have no other, for I love you only, I'll never forsake you, or leave you alone. I love you, oh how I love you, I love you, oh how I love you," soon I was rocked back to sleep by the loving sound of the saviors voice, singing to me in my heart, telling me He was there, loving me, caring for me, not leaving me. I was comforted. Often over the next days and even nights, I have heard that same song, running over and over in my mind, working its way into my spirit, giving me peace in the middle of a scary and frustrating situation.
So now I am learning some new lessons in this journey I am on. I don't know that I like it but I know that I would be stupid not to submit to the Lord in this PROCESS. One of my favorite scriptures is: Ps. 116:1 (at least I think it is 116 :o) "I love the Lord because He has inclined His ear to me. He has heard my voice and my supplications, therefore I will call upon Him as long as I live." If you are struggling with knowing that He loves you, He is there for you and that He is pulling for you in this life you live, I pray that you will hear His gentle voice singing to you, "I love you, Oh how I love you...I'll have no other, for I love you only, I'll never forsake you or leave you alone"
By the way, Kaylee turned 22 today! Happy birthday Kales!!!!
1 comment:
I sooooooo wish I could have been there. Thanks for writing all about it and sharing the photos!
Just for fun...you've been tagged. From my blog to yours. ;)
Post a Comment