I am a christian. A Bible believing, Jesus loving, Christ following, woman...Saved by Grace, Forgiven by the Blood of our Savior, and walking in His mercy.

Saturday, July 19, 2008

Responsibility


Hello everyone who reads this! Sometimes I write in here and think to myself, I wonder if I am the only one who reads these things? It doesn't matter, really, because that isn't why I blog, but I ask myself on occasion. John just read the last three blogs over my shoulder, it is always fun to hear his reactions to what I write and what he thinks when he sees our life through my eyes. It almost always leads to great conversation and interesting dialogue.


I had a great visit with our oldest son today. It is so awesome to listen to each one of the "kids" as adults who are making good decisions, all without my intervention. I remember a day when I thought I would never get to have anything going on in my days but yes, no, maybe, why...you get my drift. Matt said to me that he doesn't even give his responsibilities a thought, he just does them. WOW! I think about that. Hmmm.....We do that too. We pay our bills, take care of the things that matter to us, ie. our house, cars, grocery shopping, work and the like, without any thought, we just do it because we know we have to, it is our responsibility. I thank the Lord that he is so responsible, he doesn't have to work at it! It just is. We got to see that when we visited he and Ryan in Florida, he didn't care that he was supporting his brother, it was his responsibility and he did it willingly. Today he told me that having Ryan there helped him realize that he wants to be "home," he wants to be in Oregon, he doesn't really know if he'd have come to that conclusion had Ryan not moved there. The other day at ITT, I enjoyed seeing Ryan taking responsibility for his finances and decisions for where he would live, knowing he had thought about how he wanted things to be and then moving forward with it. It means the world to me that he is willing to step up to the plate and take the risks. He is planning on living with his cousin Jodie and her husband Kenny. I am excited for that and believe that is the Lord (just like his time living with his brother Matt was) and know that he is going to be in a godly place with people who love and understand him. He will eventually meet someone from school or someone the Lord has for him to meet and maybe end up moving to Portland, but for now, his dad and I really believe he should be living in Dallas. It will be good for him.


This time of year is ripe with anticipation. We look forward to Matt coming home, going on vacation, having a week to spend with Matt here at home, Heidi and Dominick coming to stay with us for the weekend and meeting little Matthew Michael, Kaylee's baby shower, our little granddaughter being born, our anniversary. Sometimes I am overwhelmed, but mostly I just get totally excited to have all these awesome and fun things happen in our lives. The Lord is so amazingly good to us. I have been thinking about how blessed our year has been, how many prayers from years past have been answered this year. I have a few more pending, but have no question that answers are on their way! :o)


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just got home from our LAST weekend of baseball! I was so excited to read your blog and all the fun things happening in your life. Can't wait to visit with you. When do you leave for Diamond Lake?

Bethany said...

When is Kaylee's shower? I suppose I can send a gift anytime even if I don't get to come. By the way, Matthew's middle name is Michael--same as Aaron's.
It's fun that Ryan will be living so close to me. I hope I see him from time to time. Sadly I don't see Jodie that often either though. I guess I need to work on that myself!

Nancy said...

I hope Mike doesn't see that Matthew's middle name has been replaced! ;) Yes, there are others who read your blog...fun to keep up with your life this way from time to time. See you soon!