I am a christian. A Bible believing, Jesus loving, Christ following, woman...Saved by Grace, Forgiven by the Blood of our Savior, and walking in His mercy.

Monday, March 31, 2008

Sleepy heads...


I was downloading pictures off of my digital camera and came across this one. My youngest son Aaron falls asleep the minute he stops moving. It doesn't matter what or where, he just falls asleep. It kills me the positions he gets himself into when he is sleeping and as a scrapbooker, I find myself thinking, I could put together an entire book of a lifetime of sleeping positions that this boy has managed to find himself in. I love it. He is content with the world, it is as simple as that. There have been many times in his short 17 year life span that I have wanted to choke him, plain and simple. He is what James Dobson calls a "strong willed child". I have likened him to the Velociraptor on the movie Jurassic Park. You know the part where the park ranger yells out, to no one in particular, or maybe it is the remaining surviors of a science experiment gone wrong, "she's testing the fences!!!" This is what our sweet son does every now and then, he tests the fences. These days, it is with a girl friend! No, he isn't doing anything wrong, it is just trying for this mom to have to constantly be drawing boundaries around my son and his adorable and sweet girl (I truly do love her to pieces). He is always compliant and willing to abide by the rules, and, I figure, after 3 other siblings being, well, teenagers, he's had a lot of lessons on how NOT to act, and, if he is falling asleep like this in the living room, in full view of mom and dad, what do I say??? HELLO!!!!????? Oh my, what a kid. I love him so much sometimes I just wanna squeeze him. This is the boy that gives me a full, two armed hug for my mothers day present, the only one a year that I get from him. I know that sounds sort of weird, but for him, it is a real gift to me, and I gratefully and humbly accept it. The other day I jokingly said, "you know Aaron, when I die you might regret not hugging me more (this said after I grabbed him and hugged him, getting a one armed hug in return)" His reply? "no mom, when you die, I will know that all my hugs meant something." TOUCHE' my son, touche'. I love it that he knows he can say that to me and I will know how he means it.


So this picture represents one of his weird sleeping positions. Note that Alexis, his girlfriend, is sleeping too.....

2 comments:

millerbaby08 said...

I love you Momma! You're such a beautiful talented writer, never stop pouring out this gift you've been blessed with!
It is such a blessing for me to read your heart through daily activities, learning the heart of a mother, and not just any, my very own mother!
You are a rich and wonderful example to me of a mothers love, and i hope that i can carry on your legacy to our new baby!
Kales ;)

Anonymous said...

As I "ungunk" the glue bottle for my little guy, I read of your "little guy" and his current life happenings. I had a thought as I was reading,"Do her kids read this and know they are talked about and loved so much?" But your Kales answered my question for me. Your family is a blessed one, I know you know that. By the way...Love you scrapped wall!!!!