I am a christian. A Bible believing, Jesus loving, Christ following, woman...Saved by Grace, Forgiven by the Blood of our Savior, and walking in His mercy.

Friday, March 21, 2008

plans....

I love the way the Lord works! So many times we think we have Him all figured out, like a puzzle that we put together, stood back and looked at and then Voila! on to the next puzzle! But the Lord isn't like that, he isn't a puzzle but a mystery. I have found, over my years of following Him, that I am most intrigued when I have a small tidbit of His answers for my life, and sometimes, I am the most frustrated, like the other day.

Okay, so now, after mulling things over, I have realized, I am so grateful that the Lord knows the plans that He has for me, for a future and a hope. That means that I don't have to worry because He knows what direction I need to go and it is ALWAYS for the best, a direction of blessing, a path of life and peace and joy. Will it always LOOK like that to me? I know enough after all these years to know that when I look at my life sometimes it won't look like prosperity to ME, it won't look like joy or peace or even life, but that doesn't mean it isn't. BUT, the Lord has the complete plans, HE is the contractor. Its like someone looking at the plans for a new kitchen when a whole new house is being built. You can't make decisions without your contractor that are based on the kitchen plans alone. Wiring, lighting, flow...those things are affected by the entire house plan right? We often, as believers, don't have the full plan. The Lord gives us a piece of it and expects that we will be faithful in carrying that part out. If we aren't or we delay, we end up in a sort of limbo until we move in obedience (or disobedience). It seems unfair sometimes, to live life with just part of the plans. BUT with God as a contractor, carrying the entire plan of His heart for you, well, you can KNOW you are safe and sound and trust Him that your house will be waterproof,fireproof, bugproof, and stormproof, a sanctuary of the soul.

So how does all that apply to me? I was caught up in the have nots for a few days. I knew it was a wrong state of mind, a tactic to get my mind off of what was most important and worry about what wasn't important. I was absorbed in what I didn't know about my life up to now, not what I DO know about my life. These last few days as I talked with my husband and my Genesis process group, I have begun to see my fears in a new way, I have begun to understand and be encouraged to move into a new place. So, here I go, looking at the plans, seeing the part that has been illuminated for me, not yet fully understanding them, knowing I must surmount the obstacles of self in order to do my part in seeing Gods plan for my life come to fruition. I am grateful for the honesty and love that so many people pour out to me, for the support that comes from those who know me best and want the best for me. I am grateful to a God who loves me and wants only the utmost in amazingness for my life! yay!

His word says, "You will seek Me and find Me when you search for Me with all your heart. I will be found by you says the Lord." I want to seek Him with my whole heart, to know Him and have Him find me seeking Him. I want the blessings of the whole kingdom of heaven!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

YAHOO! I'm so proud to hear you speak with such confidence! I can't wait to read more.....