Once in awhile I come across a Psalm that just nails it! It absolutely speaks to my heart and where I am at that very minute, that very season of time and for me, Psalm 38 is that very one.
Its lines like this:
I am feeble and crushed; I groan because of the tumult of my heart.
O Lord all my longing is before You; my sighing is not hidden from you, my heart throbs, my strength fails me, and the light of my eyes, it has also gone from me. My friends and companions stand aloof from my plague, and my nearest kin stands afar off.
I have become like a man who doesn't hear, and in whose mouth are no rebukes. But for you, O Lord, do I wait, it is you, O Lord my God who will answer. For I said, "only let them not rejoice over me, who boast against me when my foot slips!" For I am ready to fall, and my pain is ever before me. I confess my iniquity; I am sorry for my sin...
This Psalm brings me so much comfort. Why? Because it so accurately expresses how I am feeling in my heart at the moment and it frees me to just relax and rest and trust in the Lord. Yes, I am feeble and crushed, my heart is broken, and I groan because of the tumult of my heart. I don't want the answer, the reply of man, I want to hear HIM...I want to wait on HIM and only He has the answers that I (we) seek.
Like I said, once in awhile I come across a particular Psalm that just speaks to me, it absolutely pulls out of me the prayers that I need and long to pray and puts into words what it is I desire to say to the Lord. I love that!!!
Have a beautiful day!
No comments:
Post a Comment