Its by a group called Plumb and it rocks! LOVE it!!!
As I listened to this song today, for the 100th time, I started to see the times that the Lord has been there for me, the times that I have been in exactly the place that this song talks about. Sometimes, all I had in me was breath, no more, no less and many times, I wished for less. I sat quietly listening to the song and recalled those lonely times, broken times, abandoned and rejected times, times of grief and sorrow, times of not understanding in the least what was going on around me much less IN me. And I thanked Him for taking me this far. For bringing me through some very bad things and for not only bringing me through but changing me along the way, I didn't just survive, I thrived! Wahoo! Tears running down my cheeks I felt a wave of gratitude that, for right now, I am not that girl, suffering and hurting. Yes, I have more questions than answers about A LOT of things but if I learned anything from the past few years its that the Lord is in my tomorrows...He's already there, waiting for me to show up, knowing that I might be a bit beat up a bit dirty but still trudging, even maybe dancing my way down the path toward Him, joyfully knowing that my Savior was there all along and yet He was in my tomorrow...Somehow, that brings me comfort. God I need You NOW!!! God I will need You THEN....Lord I will need you ALWAYS!!!!!!
On another note: I really planned on blogging our trip to Kansas but once we got there it was just too much fun just hanging out with our little girls (and big girl and boy). They are so precious and so amazing and we had a wonderful time with them. Lots of hugs, snuggles, chocolate chip cookies, play dough sessions, pretending our air bed was a boat, coloring Barbie, early morning Lu climbing in our bed (my fave), and long talks about little girl stuff. My cup had been so so empty and now it is full. We were entertained by a little spitfire named Avery while at the same time getting to know her all over again and anew. We were loved on and reminded over and over again that we were missed by Lu and Brynnie and over the course of nine days, we found a great rhythm with them. Lu seemed better for our visit, having been really struggling to put it into any kind of perspective and Bryn, well, she just got lots of loves too. Neither of us ever had an empty lap because as soon as we sat down we had someone in it or running to get us involved in some kind of activity. And we loved every single minute of it. We are blessed, I don't know why exactly, but we are so so so blessed! We did come home carrying something extra with us, the virus that had been running through their family...wow, it was a vicious one, complete with fever, cough, and horrible body aches. We both got very sick, John escaped the fever but I didn't, spending an entire day in bed, mostly out of it, but we are slowly healing, we still have the cough and runny noses but the fever is gone and body aches are reducing. Thank you Jesus!!! I didn't communicate with anyone but John for two whole days! hahaha!
I love you...you who read this...I really really do!
1 comment:
Awesome song and thoughts! :D
Post a Comment