Recently we went through a big change at our church and had some really hard things to work through and in that, the Lord showed Himself so very faithful to us, to the church, the body of believers here in this town. It was amazing and though the things we faced were hard, they were somehow made easier by the very healing balm of the Lord on many of our hearts. As I have looked at life, my life, my heart, since then, I have been so, I don't know, changed. Its so hard to explain but the things that used to be important to me, the things that I used to hang on to for dear life, have become almost insignificant in the face of what the Lord is doing in my heart.
Its incredible what happens in us when we surrender what we so think we want, what we think we need, what we think is good for us, and we seek to just love Jesus and want only Him. Its revolutionary. So many of us want a relationship with someone we love more than the Lord or we want a car or a home or a baby or something we have dreamed of for years, to come true more than we want Jesus. It becomes an idol in our lives, it becomes a big distraction to our walk with the Lord. I have found out that there were things in my life that I wanted more than Jesus. Oh, I didn't realize it, didn't see it. I thought I was cruising along just fine, but then I began to see things that I held above the Lord, above taking time to be with the Lord. I would do them rather than make sure I was seeing to the feeding of my soul, I would divert myself all the time. Its like the steps I talked about in another blog, you step on one and it prepares you for the next. I have been learning this process for a long time and in some ways, living it out, but suddenly, I realized that I had a whole bunch of new levels to go to! Kind of like the worlds in the Mario game. I was on a level that had grown stagnant and old, comfortable and apathetic. I also had stopped taking inventory in this part of my life, I had just settled. It often takes something jarring you out of your comfortableness, kind of like a shotgun blast, before you see that you need to move or you will just wilt away in that place. So...I moved....I got up and I started exercising some stiff muscles, I started letting go of some things, I started to put my priorities back into place and I began to understand some things about myself that I hadn't seen before. I went back to my first love. All of my heart, all that I am...
Better than all this world
Better than all I know
Better than life itself, Your love is
All that I have is Yours
All that I'm living for
All that I need is in You Lord
You alone are better than life
Than anything in this world
You alone are that all I want
In everything, You are good
I stand in awe of all that You are
I stand in awe of You
Everything unto You
Everything held by You
All that I hope is in You Jesus
Nothing compares to You
Nothing will take Your place
All of our trust is in, You Lord
All of my heart
All that I am
Worship Jesus
All of my heart
All that I am
Worship Jesus
All of my heart
All that I am
Worship Jesus
Only You Lord....ONLY YOU!!
No comments:
Post a Comment