I am a christian. A Bible believing, Jesus loving, Christ following, woman...Saved by Grace, Forgiven by the Blood of our Savior, and walking in His mercy.

Saturday, January 7, 2012

So grateful!

It has been so long since I blogged that I am sure everyone who used to check this site has given up on me! Even my lurker has hinted that I am lame....haha! I HAVE been blogging on another site, trying to do one for bible study that has even been sorely lacking in amount. I remember when I first started writing a few years ago, I couldn't blog enough, now I am lucky to do it once a month! well....I sure hope I get better about remembering to do it because it is something I totally enjoy doing.  I know I know, I am the only one who can kick myself in the rear to get it going again, problem is, I simply forget, in the rush of life and doing other things I love like scrapping/crafting, crocheting and hanging out with my hubby and friends and family, I just forget.

We have had a busy season. Sometimes it feels like all we do is play catch up and I get very worn out from that! I love my life, don't get me wrong, but there are seasons that just seem so busy that they wear you down and sadly, the holiday season is one of them!  But, I am recovering and beginning to get my little legs back under me, working hard at crafting some new things, looking forward to taking a new class in March and simply enjoying the season of life my hubby and I are in.

I have to brag on him a little. I was talking to an old high school classmate today at the sporting event we were in and it was so wonderful to hear him talk so tenderly about his wife of 30 plus years (yes they married very young). As we talked he said that his wife is his best friend and he has no idea how he could ever go through life without her. I thought to myself, yes, I get that, I have the best husband in the world! It was just so nice to hear someone else talk about their spouse with such love and devotion and honor.

John and I have been married 28 plus years. When we got married we were both so lost and so amazingly stupid it wasn't funny! He had addictions for all the world to see in the form of drugs and alcohol but mine ran far deeper under the surface as I was addicted to him...and that was just the tip of the iceberg! We began our marriage in such a mess that it is a wonder that we ever made it but I am convinced that the Lord, as He knit us in our mothers wombs said, "well, his arms should fit around her just right, and his lips should meet hers perfectly, his heart will fit hers just right and this iron will of his will sharpen her iron will until they are both tender and loving to one another" I totally can see him fashioning each one of us for each other before we ever took one breath, thats how much I believe that we were created to be together and love each other through this life.  He is such a blessing to me and some times, like last Sunday morning (I never told him this) I stepped back from the microphone while leading worship with him and thought, "holy toledo Lord, this is my LIFE! This is my HUSBAND I get to sing next to!!! This man is amazing!!!!"  I almost began to cry as I thought of what a blessing he is to me and what a wonderful life he has worked so hard to give me as he works to keep a roof over our heads, warmth in our wood stove, make sure my car is taken care of and that I get to drive a reliable one...and thats just the physical things he does. I'm not gonna get weird on you here but I am so grateful for his efforts to learn how to be romantic when it really doesn't run naturally in his blood. He tries to hard to be the man the Lord calls him to be for me, in my life and I have to say that it keeps me open and soft before the Lord when I am happy in my life with my husband. I'm not sure why it works that way for me but it does.  I am grateful for my life with him. Grateful for all the years, all the memories, the love, the fights, the makeups, the meeting in the middle, the support he gives me for trying new things in the artsy world and the "oh thats pretty" he says when he really isn't all that sure maybe what the heck I am making...he is so patient with me (yes I know I am not the easiest person in the world to live with but he manages!).

So to start out my first blog of the year, I want to thank my amazing husband, I love him with my whole heart!!!

MY AMAZING FAMILY!!!

1 comment:

millerbaby_08 said...

Love it mom, good to see you back on here :)