I have issues with curtains....SERIOUS issues!!!!!!!!!! I have blogged before about how I can't seem to ever get the right curtains. I go for cheap and end up with these gosh darned curtains that are too short, too long, not wide enough, too wide, not the right shade....Literally, the list is pretty endless when it comes to me and curtains. Yesterday, John and I went out to the valley to Salem, on a date. It was so nice to not really have a huge agenda but to just spend the day talking and reconnecting. I LOVED IT! We went to Lowes in Keizer Station. To say that this is one of Johns favorite stores is a huge understatement. His heart rate changes, his pupils dilate, his palms get sweaty and he literally smiles from ear to ear...Nope he's not having a heart attack, just enjoyin his surroundings to the fullest! We are looking at buying a new kitchen sink. Ours is a mere 5 inches deep and now that we try to wash Jenn-Aire parts and or bbq parts or have everyone on Sundays or any other day, our sinks just get too full. We spend a little while looking at them and pondering the pro's and con's of each, John had done his research on sinks...yep, he sure had. I wonder how many of those people go into those stores and drive the workers there crazy with all their internet information? Not John of course, he didn't do that, too charming for that, but I did wonder that. I even got on the internet on my phone at one point and looked up a sink brand! TOO COOL!! I got a little bit bored and John had to go to another part of the store so I wandered around, happening to find a curtain section there! I could not believe my good fortune. John has been asking me to get some non sheer curtains for the sliding glass door and here they were, just for the buying....But wait! What size is the slider? Oh I know, I think, I will just grab one of these and take it with me to show John. Of course, I picked up the one I liked the least because it was less money...When we were done sink shopping and comparing, we moseyed back over to the curtain section and John picked out the curtains I really liked but thought they were too much money, he also was able to help me with the right size and off we go with our curtains...beautiful chocolate brown, light blocking, sound deadening curtains, 4 packages.
I have to interrupt my story here just a second to take a few rabbit trails. One, John and I have a HISTORY of picking something out that there is never enough of, ie, the sink faucet we really liked was no longer in stock, in ANY Lowes, the sink we really liked was $400 more than we were willing to spend, and, you got it, not in stock. We seem to have a knack for liking the thing that the store sells out of first. It has happened to us multiple times...MULTIPLE.......I went in to Craft Warehouse and asked where their Rub On Transfers for scrapbooking etc, were, "oh, ma'am," she says to me, "those are virtually obsolete!" WHAT???? Since when? This MORNING?????? Holy Toledo! Later we were in Home Depot (not a store I EVEN like but we were comparison shopping so we went in there) and while John was in the bathroom I got this bright idea to hide in the shower across the aisle from him and see how long it took him to find me...Okay sort of strange but I thought it sounded like fun so I climbed into this half round shower and realized that I almost couldn't get the door open and then I could not even see out. I open the door and there are people going by...luckily nobody gave me a second glance so I stayed in the shower with the door cracked watching John inspect a kitchen sink, rubbing it, scratching it, trying to figure it out, finally, he never once looked around for me so I went PSSSSTTTT!!!! several times, then ducked back into the shower. At last he heard me and looked around, catching me with my head peeking out of the shower door, he laughed and laughed. It was TOTALLY worth it!
Okay, back to my curtain story....we get the curtains home and as I am taking them out of the wrappers John says to me, "So Lucy, want me to got get your computer so you can blog about this?" Oh yeah keep it comin joker, this time I got these suckers whipped! I get them hung and step back to look, cool, these are DANG nice curtains. I ended up only needing two which left me 2 more curtain panels to think about where I wanted to hang them. I quickly decided to hang them on the opposite ends of the fam room in the smaller windows and decided I would do it the next day and that was that.
This morning after we got over all of the Tsunami scufuffle (oh man, I have another story about that) I got up the energy to put those two curtains on. I successfully hang one and then get to the last curtain (remember I am hanging them on long wooden dowels that have decorative ends on them that have to be taken off and then put back on) and as I am looking at it I think, oh boy, those weight thingys look weird. (Some drapes have weights in the bottom of them) the actually look kind of like tabs on the back of this curtain. Taking a much closer look and obviously in much better light I think, Huh, what ARE these things? and run my finger through them. HOLY COW THEY ARE TABS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yes, I hung all but one curtain upside down!!!!!!!!!!! What a dork!!!! hahahahahaha! Needless to say, my husband had a very good laugh at me and then proceeded to help me put them on right.
Tsunami....
Okay, when we went to bed, none of us had any idea there had been any earthquake activity, so we are snoozing away, gonna sleep in and all that, when the phone starts ringing. I am not an easy person to wake up (sounds weird since sleep is a complex issue in my life). I have never been able to comprehend anything in those first few moments of being awakened and when I am startled out of a sleep its amplified about 10 times! We don't have a phone in our room and who knows where they are in the house most of the time so when it begins to ring at 4:45 a.m. needless to say we are both in dreamland. I literally leap out of bed (John says he didn't know what I was doing, not the first time I have jumped out of bed in the middle of the night although I think the last time I did we were in a hotel in Dallas Texas) and I begin to try to hone in on the phone. I know its important and the first thing that rips through my mind is something happened to someone in the family and as I bounce off the bathroom door and that bounces me into the box fan which bounces me back into the bed and that bounces me into the closet and I stumble back into the bed and slam my hand around til I find the door, I am wondering what in the heck I am doing and who in the HECK is calling????? The whole time I am ping ponging across the bedroom floor John is saying to me "honey, hoNEY, hONEY, HONEY!!!! What ARE you DOING???" I can't answer because I can't stop bouncing around the room and I can't find my way out and to the door and I don't know WHY I am even up and I can't figure out who I AM....I get to the phone, thinking all the while, geez I hope Lexy isn't out here to see what I have on and grab the phone, luckily, off the bar, punch the button and yell HELLO into it...an automated message comes on!!!!!! Okay, in that moment, I am not sure if I swore or not, I don't think so but if I did, Lord forgive me, but seriously, I thought it was Sallie Mae calling Ryan about his student loan! I know, crazy huh? I shut it off before I listen to the message and turn and huff my way back into the room and back into bed. John was in the bathroom by this time and at about that moment his cell phone rang. WHAT???? Okay, I better listen this time, so I grab it and listen and its a message from the school district, cancelling classes. Oh....BROTHER!!!!!!!!!!!!! We must have gotten called at that unholy hour because our name is at the beginning of the alphabet. So we lay back down, snuggle in and as I lay there with my head on Johns shoulder I begin to finally picture in my head what all that must have looked like and sounded like....and I start to giggle...and giggle...at 5 in the morning, I am giggling at myself and my own goofy stuff I do! It was AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Still chuckling!
3 comments:
You guys are an absolute riot :) especially you.
Miss you and your goofy moments.
B
SOOOO I bet you would have never guessed that I read your blog. Truth is you had it on facebook ages ago and I have always enjoyed how you and John relate to each other. And while we have many different beliefs I do believe I value my relationship with Nick much like you do with John and find a lot of your writing very guiding.
Any who... looking for sinks? This is where we bought our. I personal love ours and it was super cheap! fast shipping too!
http://www.mrdirectint.com/sinksandfaucets/
-Alice
Lucy you never fail to amke me smile ear to ear. I love that you can laugh and giggle about yourself. You light my world. Oh and I love the song. Way awesome.
Post a Comment