The last four weeks we have been doing a womens bible study into the Book of Esther done by Beth Moore. It has always been one of my favorite books and I have made it a point to read it at least once a year. Its so amazing to me how the word of God is so alive and how it ebbs and flows and "changes" with our seasons of life and how we can continuously glean new things out of the same scriptures, over and over and over again.
I am a huge fan of Beth's bible studies. This is my third and I have grown so much through each one of them. One of the things I so love is the god-given ability she has to apply the scripture to our lives and make it relevant. It is a revelation that I had today that I want to share with you.
Currently we are on chapter 4 of this awesome book. Esther has become queen of Persia, she is keeping a big secret in this kingdom, she is an orphaned Jewish girl who was raised by her cousin, Mordecai. Through a series of events that you must read about to fully "enjoy" (not sure if that is the word I want but...) an edict is passed down, In one year, all the jews in the nation in all the provinces, will be annihilated. Mordecai, as one can imagine, as well as all the other Jews who many years ago had been taken away to Persia, were seriously freaked out. Mordecai gets word to Esther that she must do something about this whole thing and she says, "what can I do?" He tells her, basically, "live out your destiny, save your people"
Destiny! Destiny? How many times have we asked ourselves, "what IS my destiny? Am I fulfilling it?" I know I have asked myself that question over the years. In todays lesson, there is a section that just blew me away, in fact, I am almost numb from the blowing awayedness! It was just that great. Here it is:
Look up these scriptures and record what they say about you and your position if you are a follower of Christ. With each then candidly circle how you tend to apply each segment by choosing one of the four description. Figuratively, spiritually, literally, or I don't apply it at all (by spiritually I mean the the tendency to limit the application to a spiritualization that is some how true in God-terms but not in "real" terms. The exercise will be most helpful if you are painfully honest.") Beth Moore
Matthew 11:11
I tend to apply this scripture.....spiritually, literally, figuratively or not at all....
Matthew 13:11:12
I tend to apply this scripture....
Luke 17:20-21
I tend to apply this scripture...
1 Corinthians 4:20
I tend to apply this scripture...
1 Peter 2:9
I tend to apply this scripture....
Revelation 1:6
I tend to apply this scripture.....
Revelation 5:9-10
I tend to apply this scripture....
I was/am hoping that you will look the scriptures up and think, honestly think, about what you actually do and how you apply them to your life. I was shocked when I did...In a nutshell, these scriptures all tell us who we are and who God says we are and where we stand in the kingdom with Him. I took my book in my room, read these scriptures and sat and thought about it, HOW DO I APPLY THIS TO MY LIFE. Know what?
I tend to apply them in a figurative sense over and over. WOW! Only when we look at our hearts honestly and openly are we able to change and grow. I want to know, I want to live my destiny! The only way I can? KNOW WHO I AM IN CHRIST!!!! Apply the scriptures of who I am in Him a Royal daughter of the most high God, all the time, literally, not just in a figurative sense. If I am doing that, I won't be living any semblance of a defeated life but I will be living a life that is filled with a sense of purpose....
Of Destiny.....
I hope you find yourself in the book of Esther soon, I promise you, as you read the story of this courageous young woman who was born to save a nation from destruction, you will be touched.
Bless your day everyone! I am off to work!
oh, just in case you didn't look up those scriptures...here they are in a nutshell:
1. He who is least in the Kingdom of heaven (us) is greater than he (John the Baptist)!
2. To whom much is given, much is received
3. The Kingdom of God is within me
4. The Kingdom of God is not in word but in power
5. I am a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, his own special people, no longer in darkness
6. We are Kings and Priests
7. We are Kings and Priests
Look em up, you might come up with something totally different yet equally revelational!
No comments:
Post a Comment