I am a christian. A Bible believing, Jesus loving, Christ following, woman...Saved by Grace, Forgiven by the Blood of our Savior, and walking in His mercy.

Saturday, March 13, 2010

Okay...As Promised

Busy as beavers, is what we have been today! We have been attempting to clean out cupboards and closets in an attempt to make some room for Matt and Lindsay so they can be comfortable when they "move in" in a few weeks.  I feel like I have done a large amount of the spring cleaning and not even close to getting it DONE. Yipes! I love when its done but hate to make the mess.  Isn't it funny how we are so content to just let things be status quo even if it cluttered or outdated?  I found this box at the bottom of a closet and when I opened it found all these scraps of fabric. None of them all that great, but, well.....I might need them....oh my goodness, I tell ya, I stuck them in my scrappy place to look over later and when I did?  I realized that I didn't even know that that box had existed until today! I hadn't missed a bit of that material once in a very long time, at least a year! I have had that material, most of it for years and years and not used it.  So?  I stuck it in a pile to take to the Goodwill, maybe someone will get some use out of it.  Kaylee came over and finished painting the spare bedroom for me so now all that is left is to put some curtains up, take the crib out to put into storage for a little while and put a dresser in there for them.  I have to admit, I am excited! I keep thinking how nice it will be to have someone in the house who likes to cook and can help me or even do it for me a few days a week, if even for a little while!  It will be fun!

Here are a few more pics like I promised. I tried to put them in order of "events" but I think in my last post I got a little out of order.  I suppose you guys can figure that out though huh?  Its been fun sharing these pics with you and have lots of little stories to share!





We were "announced" into the reception room.  As we stood in the hallway at Phineas Phoggs, waiting for Matt and Linds to be done with their couple pics, there was another reception going on in the room down the hall.  The music was GREAT! We were all dancing around in the hall, having fun, joking around.  At one point, I had to go into the reception area to take my purse and stuff inside, as I turned around to go back into the hallway, I could see all the wedding party through the glass door....DANCING! It was hilarious.  Here they were, rocking out out in the hallway, the thing is, no one in the reception room could hear the music we were hearing in the hallway.  The other funny thing?  No one in the other reception was dancing!  So, we decided that, as Scott and Teri led the procession, we would dance our way into the room, being cool and all, problem was, when we got about 5 feet into the reception room we were using? The music was elevator jazz and we could no longer hear the cool music! 
Needless to say?  We weren't as cool as we thought we would be! 


One thing John was VERY nervous about was the "Best Man" speech.  He thought about it and thought about it, talked to me about it and once we were settled in at our condo, he went into the bedroom, shut the door, and began to write it...it was wonderful.  When talking with Matt the night before the wedding, he asked me if daddy had gotten his speech done. I said, "yeah, he did, Matty, but he is so afraid that it won't speak what all is in his heart." He smiled and said, "I am sure it'll be great mom." and it was.  He was so nervous and shaky but when it was all said and done, Mimi, Lindsays grandma, tapped me on the shoulder and said, "he is a very good public speaker."  I thought to myself, "you don't know the half of it!" hahaha! It was so sweet of her to say that!  


No Uncle Mike, there was NO cake face smashing! I knew there wouldn't be but couldn't resist showing it to you!



These two danced, talked, and giggled...It was absolutely adorable!



Lindsay and her daddy


Courtney kept getting choked up.  I loved that about her. In fact, I inspired her speech to her sister! It was actually kind of funny.  The night before, at rehearsal, I had said to Courtney, "ok, so dish on your sister!"  I was hoping to find out some things we might need to know about Lindsay so we could "take care" of her, or help her out when she moves here.  Courtney sort of looked at me and said, "oh goodness, where do I start?" and that was it!  She said that until then she wasn't sure what she was going to say but it got her to thinking about what she would "dish" on her sister about!  It was a very good Maid of Honor speech. 

Kales tells me that she knew I was going to cry because I got the weird, uh oh I'm going to cry smile on my face....I did cry, so hard I was shaking.  I was afraid to get his tux all makeupy so I couldn't cry on his shoulder though!  He was so sweet he said, Um, mommy, are you going to cry and make me tear up? I said, yeah, probably! One other sweet little note?  I walked up to him in the reception room before the wedding and he said, before I could say anything to him, "mom, you look so pretty!"  GULP!!!  of course, I gushed on his handsomeness!!!!

I don't know what they were doing exactly! 

Yes we tore IT UP on the dancefloor!!! What a great time we had!  Lu was dancing away and just having a good time. Later on that night when we were all at Teri and Scotts and drinking copious amounts of coffee and consuming wedding cake, Grandpa said to me, "you are a great dancer, you could teach it!"  All I could do was say Thank you!  

Daddy and his little girl!  She loved being out there on that dance floor and the Bales Family? well, we rocked the house of course....Along with a few others that were just a blast to dance with!


The "group" dance.  They danced like this at Kaylee and Bryce's wedding so I am thinking we have us a trend here!  It is so nice to see them all enjoying each other, laughing, and cutting up (yep, got that down south...)


I am so glad Alexis got this shot!  It makes me laugh every time. Ryan is groping Matts butt and if you look closely? Matt is ENJOYING it!!!

The Money Dance brought out the clowns!






For months John and Lindsay have talked about having an ice cream date when we got down there for the wedding.  As it turned out, it was just a bit too busy and crazy, I think they will be going out for ice cream when they get here. 



One of the family tables. Scott, Courtney, Blair, me, Alexis, Carol, Cecil and Dick Guffey all sat at this table. Grandma, Grandpa and I am not sure who else, sat at the one next to us.  I was so focused on the couple I didn't pay much attention to anything else....



Getting the garter!  She was a little worried he was going to go too high on the leg.  He didn't.
By the way?  Alexis caught the bouquet and Aaron caught the garter, kind of by default, all the single guys backed away from Aaron and Matt turned and snapped it to him....


The guys had so much fun being the groomsman.  They put all kinds of "goodies" in the pickup and I can imagine how much Matt and Lindsay laughed as they found them along their way.  It was full of balloons for one thing and of course, the requisite bottles and cans on the back.  

One special thing I will come away with from this trip, I think ALL of us will come away with has to do with Bryce.  He is a very quiet guy and pretty unreadable usually.  We all noticed that on this vacation he began to joke around more, to tease more and to, ahem, interrupt more.  I know its a bad habit to teach someone but sorry, we are bad at that and he has finally gotten it! hahaha!  He came SO out of his shell, so completely and totally into his funny, silly, joking, open and all out there side, we were just amazed and totally, TOTALLY blessed!  It was just so incredibly great to hit him with a dish towel and crack up at each other or see him take off with the guys and for all of them to be just like brothers, with him so fitting in it was, well, it was awesome! It felt like he stepped into his place in the family and was completely comfortable with who he is and who he is in our family. I felt like the Lord had so blessed us with this special gift and it made me love him even more and be so happy to have him. He is a wonderful man and with the added blessing of having his awesome family as our friends we have now been given two whole new families to be close to!  The Lord is just so good to us!

2 comments:

Color me blingy! said...

Nice pictures Lucy. Almost like we are right there when it happened.

Unknown said...

Wow, how beautiful! I am so happy for y'all.