Oh my oh my the holidays are upon us! yikes!!!
I am sitting here, Good Morning America on the TV, computer on my lap, on my right is a Mini Album mag/book that Julie loaned me for inspiration and on my right? A cup of coffee and the remote! Yep, I have it all at my fingertips! I am sitting here going through the book Jules loaned me and going to all the websites that interest me. One site I checked on because Julie is such an enabler! Actually, she knows what I like so she sent me a link. Its this scrumptious paper from Studio Calico that is "vintage"...meaning, from the 50's and 60's! I look at that paper and see what I used to look at in text books and reading books of old that I just LOVE. I remember reading the stories of Dick and Jane, learning to sound out words from those books, and I have warm fuzzy feelings inside. Its comfort food for the eyes you might say!
I set up my other blog so I could put pictures of things I have made so that I might be able to, at some point, try to be on a design team...I have a hard time not fancying it up because I do love bling but I am trying to keep it simple and go easy on the fun stuff. After all, I want the pics to be the focal point, although with my skill at photography I don't know...
I have been so not ready for the holidays...Yes, I am back to my original opening line, but I am beginning to get a little bit excited. I want to make some cards, keeping them simple and sweet and I want to make a few new ornaments for the tree, ones for John and I, and I have a project to do for my mother in law. Even as I write that I think, well, I could make....for.....um...HELLO????? I DO love to scrap. Add that to all the awesome scrapping crop blogs going on and I just can't even get up the gumption to go to work! haha!
Yesterday I had the privilege of driving an elderly couple whom I clean for, to a Dr. appt in Newport. Connie and I began to work for them about 3 years ago and they have become so very dear to me. He served in the Navy for 20 years, retiring in the 60's and is such a sweet, funny, cheerful man...with alzheimers. I am saddened by his decline in his health and the stress that his wife feels as she deals with the memory loss and uncertain future. I am so full of gratitude for the chance to know this awesome couple and to be part of their lives. I think, seeing the struggle, the hurt, the triumph of spirit in this sweet couple it inspired me to show others that I care about them, to live in the now, to laugh more (Betty is such a great example of joy) and to enjoy the life I am living by giving and being free with the love I have for those around me and to not get stuck on the details that don't matter one whit!
Enjoy your day! Lu comes over soon and then it gets fun as she walks around, "talking" a mile a minute alternately nodding or shaking her head and in general, entertaining me to the fullest. She is SUCH a funny little girl and such a good baby. I love having her and seeing her explore the world around her, I think, if there is a break in the weather, we might go for a walk.
No comments:
Post a Comment