I am a christian. A Bible believing, Jesus loving, Christ following, woman...Saved by Grace, Forgiven by the Blood of our Savior, and walking in His mercy.

Sunday, November 29, 2009

Has it REALLY been that long?

So many times during the course of my life, as I am rushing around from "thing to thing" I think of stuff I want to say in a blog. Unfortunately most of the time it doesn't make it into print, well, maybe that's unfortunate I don't know, all that to say, I so often think of some really amazing things to share from my life, from my heart and I just lack the time or, by the time I DO get to it, I lack the words to express what is in my heart.

These days my husband and I spend a lot more time alone than we do with any one else.  No, our nest isn't empty yet, and truth be told, I am glad, but it is a great time of transition for us, sort of empty and sort of not. We often look at each other and just shake our heads at where our life has taken us and the bounty that surrounds us but I am never more concious of that than when I think of where we have come from.  I sit here next to my sweet and funny husband on the loveseat while he watches a football game and I wonder how I ever managed to end up here in this place of safety, of deep love and of wonderful fellowship.  He munches on a candy cane and smacks it and I just chuckle at him as he looks over at me and says something funny. He is one of my very favorite people to spend time with. 

The other day I was driving to the valley and a song came on the radio that sort of grabbed my attention.  It was a song by Tim McGraw about giving away his daughter and how the guy will not be good enough and I found myself thinking, "I wonder if that is how Lindsay's parents feel about Matt?" I know, a weird train of thought, but bear with me here.  I started thinking about his life and what kind of child he was and what kind of man he has become and then thought "OF COURSE THEY DON'T THINK THAT!" haha! that's pure predjudice for you isn't it? He is an amazing man with insight far beyond his years and with maturity that I didn't have at his age. He makes good choices and he has such a sense of family loyalty.  It amazes me still that we are on the cusp of having a 25 year old, a 23 year old, a 21 year old and a 19 year old and as I look at this man sitting next to me, with whom I have shared all the ups and downs of life with and I honestly can't imagine life without him! What a great time we have had so far and as I sat and talked with our oldest son the other evening, who just wants to move home, I couldn't help but think to myself...this is our legacy, these "children" who adore their father beyond belief are our future, they are going to carry on many of the things their dad and I have taught them and long after we are gone we will have others on this earth who will be our torches of light! 

No comments: