Yesterday, before I got my sweet little grandbaby for the afternoon, I decided to tick one of the couple of things off my To Do list for Lindsay and sort through pictures for Matthews part of the slide show they will have for their wedding.
As I am sitting there looking at the story of our life, I am constantly thinking, Oh my gosh, THATS RIGHT! haha! Or...oh man did I have ugly hair...or, what awful clothes (reminding me of some pics I saw of Becky in MC Hammer pants and big jersey girl hair) or was I ever so young? Why did I always act Geeky and what in the world was John THINKING????? Looking at old pictures is like jumping into a time capsule and going through the events of your life, big and small, at warp speed!
I found pics of Matty, sitting in a swing, pacifier in his mouth, maybe a month old. He will be 25 soon. I found pics where I couldn't tell the difference between Matt and Aaron, they look so much alike, even as babies, unless there was a date on it. I found pictures of John pre and post treatment, he looked so good in the post....I found tons of pics with Matt and Kales together and pictures where I saw such a strong resemblance between Ryan and Lu that I HAD to run over and show Kales! I found a pic of Kaylee at the exact same age as her baby girl is now, only with about 3 more inches of hair on her...she was and is such a beautiful girl. Ryan, with those big ol blue eyes, filled with tears, looking at the camera, probably because I was on the other side of it and he wanted me to hold him....and loads of pictures with all of them together. I just sat on the floor, smiling, laughing and shaking my head at all the good times. No, not once did I cry, not even a little bit.
Today my hubby, with not a bit of pomp or celebration, celebrates 22 years of sobriety! The Lord is good to me! I am struck over and over with the time and how it seems to speed along, giving us these amazing or not so amazing adventures and how, if we walk with the Lord, every tragedy can be turned into victory. I am living proof! I am so proud of him!!!!! He truly is the love of my life.
I was thinking just a little while ago about when I was in college. I renewed a friendship with an old pal from SWOCC in Coos Bay and was thinking about how I was back then, about his parents and how tolerant of us they were and how much has changed. I even said aloud, "I wouldn't have wanted my own kid to hang out with me!" I was a wild woman, crazy to get attention, insanely wounded and wanting something to work out for me. The Lord delivered me from that person and into this one I am today and I am infinitely glad. What a work in progress!
No comments:
Post a Comment