I am a christian. A Bible believing, Jesus loving, Christ following, woman...Saved by Grace, Forgiven by the Blood of our Savior, and walking in His mercy.

Friday, August 14, 2009

A Birthday in the family.......

Despite all of my best laid plans today, I have actually gotten very little done that was on my mental list to accomplish! It didn't help that Lu spent the night for the first time last night and of course when she woke up and was ready for her bottle, we snuggled in my bed and then played for awhile! I loved it! She just brings so much joy to my days. I don't know if she means to but lots of times when she looks at me she shouts, "BA BA!" you think its cuz I sing ba ba black sheep to her? hahaha! She also does the roll it and roll it motion with her hands when she sees me! To say that her papa and I are in love is putting it mildly!

Kaylees 23rd birthday was on Wednesday. We didn't get to celebrate it EXACTLY how she wanted to but it was still nice all in all. I often thought, throughout that day, how she came into this world. My pregnancy hadn't been an easy one, I almost lost her at 9 weeks. Things were pretty tough for John and I during that time and I wasn't taking very good care of myself, something I regret to this day. She and Matt are only 20 months apart, making my fears gigantic in the parenting department. My labor began just like it did with Matty, slow and steady was the course. We spent the night in Albany with some friends before going to the hospital that morning. My mom, grandma Lucy (who passed away a mere 4 months later) and Connie joined us (Connie was present for all 4 of my babies births and my first grandbaby...). I had opted to go into the delivery room instead of having her in my room so they wheeled me in there just in time. Mom accompanied us into the room and stayed right by my head, cheering me on. Kaylee emerged just a couple pushes later and was laid on my stomach. I lay there looking at my little girl, my only little girl and began crying, I was so happy. Then I looked at her and noticed she wasn't breathing, she wasn't moving and she was turning a blue black. I said something to the Dr, to that effect and he said, oh she'll be fine....ummmmmm....NO SHE WON'T, I fairly shouted at him! He looked at me and went, OH she's NOT okay!!!! And looked at John and said, "sir, would you please push that red button on the wall over there?" Which John did. People began rushing into the room and taking care of my baby. I started to try to get up from the table I was on, not quite in the condition to be moving around and my mom laid her hand on my shoulder, holding me down, not letting me get up, thank heavens. John took hold of my other hand and I lay there, panicking, crying, trying to figure out what they were doing. It was only moments until she cried but they were the longest of my life! We have told Kaylee the multiple stories that have occured at the enemy attempting to take her life and the Lord coming in and being victorious as a way for her to know that the Lord has wonderful plans for her life.

I have such gratitude for the Lord in giving us this beautiful young woman. She makes me laugh, she makes me want to scream, she makes me THINK, she teaches me, she is willing to learn from me, she listens to me when I need an ear and she gives me a chance to heal and to hurt without pushing at me. There have been several times that she and Bryce, seeing that I am in a place of deep pain, have stepped in and done something so incredibly nice for me and it just makes me feel so loved. I love watching her be a mommy and how much she loves her Lucy. It is so fun to see her teach her things, to discipline her and stick to it and to love her with such deep exhuberance it takes my breath away! I am in awe of all that the Lord has done in our precious daughter. Last night she and Bryce came over and built a fire in the fire pit. It was so nice just to sit around and hang out, lazily sitting around, chatting, laughing, playing with Lucy and, later, listening to Bryce play his guitar and hum, it was very restorative. We drank coffee and ate smores (well, not me, I don't care for them all that much) and had such a wonderful time. At one point, Bryce is playing his guitar and singing quietly to himself and John looks at him and says, "Bryce, you are awesome!" I know what he meant. Last Sunday morning, John and I happened to be in the hallway by the bathrooms at the school where we meet for church, it overlooks the parking lot. John looks out the window and says, "honey, look" I step to the window and look out and there is Bryce, holding our daughter in a hug that is so intimate, sweet, loving and special. They part and she lifts her arms up to his shoulders and they kissed. At that moment I was never so glad to see our baby girl being loved, deeply loved, in my whole life. We both thought, our daughter not only has a man who loves her for who she is, but a man who loves the Lord with all that he is! What a blessing...and it all started with a broken hearted girl who went to the Honor Academy to heal and become a whole young woman! Isn't God amazing???? I can still remember the day we talked about her going there, where I was standing and even where she was! haha!

So, Kaylee, I know its a little bit late, this blog that I wrote about you, but I know you will read it and smile and know that this mommy, well, she loves you beyond words, just like you love Lu! I hope you know that there will never ever be another you. There will never be anyone who makes me laugh at the things you do, who makes me see life the way that you do and who is my one and only little girl. You, my sweet baby girl, are IT!!!! And thats the way, uh huh uh huh, I like it!!!!!!

1 comment:

millerbaby_08 said...

i did smile! :) Thank you! You made it a very special day! Do i really still make you want to scream? Haha sorry! I guess old habits die hard ;) im trying to get better!