So I'm sitting here at Bryce and Kaylee's waiting for my adorable little grandbaby to wake up from her nap and see grandma! I have been sitting outside on Bryce and Kaylee's step, real close to her bedroom door, and going through recipes from Rachel Ray Mags that I had sitting in my kitchen recipe book cubby for a long time. I found some really nice ones I may have to pass on to my soon to be daughter in law, who is doing an experiment in cooking, along the lines of the Julie and Julia movie. Alexis, Aarons girlfriend just sent me a photo of a painting she did of one of those giant pink lilies! Oh man that girl has some amazing talent, I wish I could buy it, it is so pretty and would look awesome in my bedroom! hahaha! I hope she sells it, it is stunning. I spent time with Ry and Bri this morning, just chatting and catching up. Even though Ryan lives at home we rarely see him because he works 5 days a week and is often home when we are working and on the other days, he is in school. I see him across the way at church! We have developed this "habit" of drinking coffee together on Monday mornings and sort of debriefing his week and setting the course for the next few. He likes to have someone to go over his plans with and it is nice that I am one of the people he talks to if Bri isn't around (she heads back to California the weekend). He is nearly done with this term and will have a little time off from school but will then go back for 4 classes, meaning probably having to be on the road a lot more over the next few months.
I have been thinking about labels today. I got the awesome opportunity to encourage Lindsay, Matts fiance, the other day in reading Ephesians 1, to be reminded of who she is and not of who she isn't. So on Sunday, I felt the Lord leading me to read some of Eph. just to remind people that they are, to name a few, "beloved, adopted, redeemed, delivered, chosen, have an inheritance..." the list is mindboggling. So, after I read that, Pastor Arte talked a few minutes about labels and how we often accept the labels that get placed on us. My labels have been, unworthy, unloveable, and unimportant and it has been so wonderful to know that when I am struggling, I often hear things through those label "filters". That isn't to say that I respond as though those labels are gone, alas, that isn't always the case, but being aware of them has been such a tool for me in the face of hard times. We had a prayer time of releasing those labels to the Lord and being reminded of who we are. In Christ I am a new creation, in Christ I can do all things, in Christ I am loved, in Christ I am adopted not abandoned, in Christ I am free, in Christ I am delivered, in Christ I can live and move and be who He has called me to be, in Christ I am wise, I am strong in Him, I am IMPORTANT and I am WORTHY...but, only IN HIM because of my own self, I am nothing. Oh that I would remember that every day of my life and stop living as though I am something I am not! Ha Ha! Wouldn't that be something? So today, I am asking the Lord to rid me of the labels of my youth, the labels of my past and the labels of my own doing and letting him give me back my name, back my identity and give me back my joy. Its not easy, mostly because I am BONE weary, exhausted beyond belief and ready to run with my tail between my legs anywhere but here but, I know the Lord will give me the strength that I need to do all He has asked me to do. That I can trust because He is who He says He is. Does that mean it is easy? Are you kidding? No way! Its work. A very wise and very very dear friend told me once, "Lucy, waiting is work, its a verb." Oh yeah....hmmmmmmm.....guess I better get to work huh?
Blessings on your day everyone! I have a baby to spoil!
No comments:
Post a Comment