I am a christian. A Bible believing, Jesus loving, Christ following, woman...Saved by Grace, Forgiven by the Blood of our Savior, and walking in His mercy.

Monday, July 27, 2009

My World....

I have such a great home! I look around here at our house, our yard, our "space" and just sigh! Our friends, Dale and Trudy stopped by the other day for a quick hello and as I walked outside to greet them while they were sitting in the swing on the patio, Trudy said to me, "how do you ever leave here?" that is a good question! I have blogged about how much I love to sit outside on warm mornings, drinking a cup of coffee, my bible at my side, looking around at the beautiful surroundings I am in and thanking the Lord for them.

My world is small...haha! This back yard is my world. I love the front because I can pull up into the driveway and see our red and white roses, my blue Lithodora and Hydrangeas and I think of our son Matty, serving in the military. Dene and I planted red white and blue in honor of Matt. I love the chairs on the porch and though we never sit in them, it welcomes you up onto our porch to knock on the door! But my most favorite place of all is in the back yard. I will literally live out here all summer long as the weather permits. The flowers are all blooming with giant white daisies, pansies of all colors, hydrangea, sedum, impatiens, snapdragons, tomatoes, peas and beans, parsley, roses, oregano, echinacea, creeping myrtle, clematis, and lithodora that literally pours itself over the edge of the beds. The pond has two waterfalls, one makes this awesome trickling/pouring sound and the other one is this silent and pretty pour into the pond. It got a "remodel" this spring while I was at retreat. I came home and the look was so awesome, new flowers, new baskets, new lots of stuff....I loved it. We often will eat out here, just enjoying the peace of the water and the quiet rumblings of the neighborhood that is settling in to eat and enjoy their evening. Often, this summer, I can sit and listen to our granddaughter next door, talking, "BA BA BA BA!" or squealing in laughter. I can hear Bryce and Kaylee laughing together or talking (no, I can't hear what they say) and it is so comforting to me to hear them enjoying their life together and having fun.

Yes, my world is small. I sit and feel like a princess in a garden and I am so grateful! I want to add that, tonight, our youngest son is golfing in the back yard. One of his goals? to get the ball into my lap!!! Thank goodness its a foam practice golf ball! He has almost hit me twice now! I try not to flinch cause that wouldn't be cool! The gazebos from the patio looking toward the house.


The end yard, looking toward the patio and pond in the corner.

Pond, swing and firepit...what more do you need?

Just to update you: our dad is doing okay. He is still in the nursing home in St. Paul, Nebraska but we are working to get him to the VA home in Boise. That would put him closer to all of us, andmake it easier to get his medical needs taken care of (should he choose to continue to have the stent replaced every so often). It works for lots of reasons but those are the primary ones. We plan to see him as often as possible until his time to go be with the Lord. He also chose to be buried in Nebraska next to his kin rather than next to his deceased wife. We are happy about that, not only because it was in Georgia but because it is the right place for him to be, in the state he truly loves. It means a lot to him.

Ok so I couldn't possibly post this note without pics of my beautiful world now could I? I hope you enjoy. I am also adding pics of Bryce at the singing competition...he got ripped off is all I can say, he should have at least got second place! I will be putting his song on here if I did a decent job taping it, otherwise you might want to check facebook for Kaylee to have it on there. She has put his songs on there. He did such a great job and I am so proud of him stepping out and trying. He has his interview on Friday with the Sherriff, apparently it is the final one, the hiring one, he will know then that he has it or he doesn't. If he does. You will hear us shout from here!


LULUBEAN!!!!!!! Smiling at Grandma!


Bryce singing in the competition on Saturday, we had a
huge cheering crowd there!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wowsers, look at your green thumb! The pics of the yard are beautiful!! Sorry to hear Bryce didn't get the reward he deserves. Praying for his job. When we gonna walk??????????????? My kids leave Thursday adn are gone for over a week. Jamboree is this weekend, YAH for the parents!!!! GET AWAY WEEKEND!!!! ;) ;) ;)