Before you read this blog you have to read the one before this! haha!
okay, normally I don't blog twice in one day, but, given a momentary event that happened, I just MUST blog again! This one will make you laugh, I promise!
The other day I was sitting outside reading the book my sister gave me in the aforementioned blog, "Hot Flashes From Heaven" by Ronna Snyder and as I read I started laughing, I literally laughed until I cried, I just couldn't even stop until tears were rolling down my cheeks and my face was pointed at the sky, I was guffawing so loudly. Why? Because I was reading something I SO related to!
The book is about Menopause, of course, given the title I'm sure you figured that out. One of the symptoms of menopause or perimenopause is Brain Fog....which is, just what it is...BRAIN FOG!! OMG, I cannot tell you how good it feels to have it defined in such a funny way. In this book she was relating a story from one of her friends and I am going to share it, only because it has been something I relate to so much.
There was my friend Becky. She was in her mid forties. That was about the only thing we had in common at the time. She's the polar opposite of me. A left brained, analytical thinker. A nuts and bolts kinda gal. Extremely serious. Pokerfaced. And she was even more so when she confided in me her most frightening fog.
She was driving down city streets she'd driven daily for decades. And then a couple little questions hit her: Does "red" mean "stop"? Or does "red" mean "go"? Or is it green? And then it got worse. She couldn't remember if she was supposed to drive on the left side of the road. Or was it the right side?
She quickly scanned the cars surrounding her and determined that she was indeed in the correct lane of traffic since she was going the same direction they were, but she was majorly freaked out by the experience. And like me in Costco (another story for another day perhaps, unless you buy the book) it slowly came back to her. Uh oh sweetie, red means stop; green means go. It left her shaken for days. Months later she could actually laugh about it, even though she isnot the laughing type.
Theres more stories but I have two guys asking me to help them clean their room...did I say I was feeling useless? No? Well, huh! Aarons reason? He can't find the tassel for his cap for graduation! Yep, thats right. Ryans? Matty is going toshare his room and he has to clean it to make that a reality. Ha ha!
Have a good day, hope it made ya laugh. I KNOW that you relate to those moments. Oh yeah, my moment? Today, I am at the bank, had been talking to Kales and then when my business was done I started driving away. This brain fog was ever so brief, but it made me laugh nonetheless. I come around the corner of the bank and look to my left, there, in the parking lot, was an indigo blue Toyota Highlander exactly like mine. "Oh my goodness, my car is at the bank" I think. What is it doing there? Oh yeah....I'm in my car!
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
1 comment:
Hoo boy! Time for some "down time", seriously! But the other day I left my usual parking spot at work to run some lunch-hour errands. When I came back to work there was a car parked in "my" spot that was exactly like mine--same make, model, year, and color. And it just sort of tweaked my brain for a minute, "Hey, how come my car is parked head-in instead of backed in?" Duh...I'm IN my car! Do you think we live in a parallel universe? :D
Post a Comment