I am a christian. A Bible believing, Jesus loving, Christ following, woman...Saved by Grace, Forgiven by the Blood of our Savior, and walking in His mercy.

Saturday, December 27, 2008

Resolutions? GOALS!!!!

Two days after Christmas. I don't know about you, but I have a headache! All the sugar, the smell of a tree that was so dry it was toxic and causing allergies, and the weather fluctuating all over the place and a house that I want to undecorate has given me such a headbanger that coffee won't even touch it! Don't get me wrong, I am not feeling grumpy or anything, I just don't care for those days following Christmas, my walls begin to close in on me with all the red and green that adorn them. I haven't scrapped in WEEKS!!!!! (at that I shriek!) I really need to get my hands on some of my pretty paper and go to town! I can't because my Christmas village overtook the countertop/scrappy thing and I have no room. THAT makes me feel a tad bit grumpy.

I never do New Years Resolutions...Do you? I would love to hear from those of you who read this, whether you do or not and why you do or don't. This year, I have been thinking not of having resolutions but of setting some goals for 2009. Is that different? I'm not all that sure, but this year I want to try to get a card published. I am going to work hard at making quality cards that a magazine might want to print. That is a goal of mine. I need to set some kind of goals to get in better shape and what that looks like I have no idea. My good friend Becky and I were joking around about doing Denise Austin together, but with her working full time at the hospital and me busy with my job and my upcoming grammy babysitting job, I am not sure how that will work. I could also use the Wii Fit....Thats a goal I am not too sure of, because it DOES feel more like a resolution and I have always believed that when you set resolutions you set yourself up for failure. I definitely want to be healthier this year, I want to eat better, work harder and living better, and being someone who is much more committed to being in the Word. (we got a new book from Arte and Julie that I am excited to read) I WANT to have a walk with the Lord that is worthy of noting, that is one that attracts people because of my love for Him and for them. I want to have another year of change, of transformation. That doesn't involve any kind of goal or resolution, just a heart felt desire to press in and be much much better than I am right now.

I would love to hear your resolutions, goals, and wishes for the next year if you would like to share them with me.

Tomorrow, my oldest turns 24! YIKES!!!! I have missed so many of his birthdays in recent years :0( Happy Birthday Matty, I love you, I miss you, and I cannot wait to see you this summer.

No comments: