I am a christian. A Bible believing, Jesus loving, Christ following, woman...Saved by Grace, Forgiven by the Blood of our Savior, and walking in His mercy.

Saturday, September 13, 2008

scrapbook challenge


Today I spent the day scrapping. Well....mostly, anyway. My good friend Julie sent me a link to the CMK website sketch challenge and I decided to give it a shot! I like to do the sketches because they get me out of my comfort zone and doing something different. Along the way I learn a few new techniques, take a few risks and get a few kudos from my family. Honestly, I never expect to win one, there are so many gifted scrappers out there who have taken it to a level I literally drool over, but for me? I have managed to make enough pages to fill a book and if you look closely, you can see my progress as I change the way I see things. I actually have probably done almost two books, what with the ones I have given away.


This sketch challenge I decided to make one of Aaron and his new niece. I am not really good at taking pictures of my layouts yet and I missed some of the "bling" in my picture, but you'll get the idea. It was a creative outlet day and now that I am done, I want to go do another one. I'm going to scrap the picture that sits at the top of my blog, should be easy since we somehow managed to coordinate in the picture!


In other news, we have been busily adjusting to the changes that have descended into our lives. Lucy has gained a little bit of weight and as of yesterday she weighed 6 lbs. even. Her heartrate is normal now and her mama's milk has come in like gangbusters.


Well, that's about it for me today, nothing profound is whirling around in my brain!


No comments: